[cups] Genicom 4450XT

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Apr 4 00:26:43 PDT 2016

Hello,

On Apr 2 00:41 scott wrote (excerpt):
> I have a Genicom 4450XT dot matrix printer

See

http://cups.org/pipermail/cups/2013-February/025832.html

> The emulations that this printer has is:
> ANSI Standard X3. 64-1979, Printronix P Series,
> IBM Proprinter, and Dataproducts type protocols.

If you need to print office documents and images
in graphical mode on your dot matrix printer
in IBM Proprinter emulation mode, see

http://www.openprinting.org/driver/ibmpro

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Generic/Generic-IBM-Compatible_Dot_Matrix_Printer

> ... would be used from OpenSuSE Linux.

openSUSE provides PPDs to print on dot matrix printers
in graphical mode in the OpenPrintingPPDs-ghostscript RPM
package, in particulat the PPDs for the ibmpro Ghostscript
driver that are listed also above at OpenPrinting.org:

/usr/share/cups/model/OpenPrintingPPDs/ghostscript/Epson-LX-300plus.ibmpro.ppd.gz

/usr/share/cups/model/OpenPrintingPPDs/ghostscript/Generic-IBM-Compatible_Dot_Matrix_Printer.ibmpro.ppd.gz

/usr/share/cups/model/OpenPrintingPPDs/ghostscript/IBM-ProPrinterII.ibmpro.ppd.gz

/usr/share/cups/model/OpenPrintingPPDs/ghostscript/Oki-Microline_192plus.ibmpro.ppd.gz

/usr/share/cups/model/OpenPrintingPPDs/ghostscript/Panasonic-KX-P2150.ibmpro.ppd.gz

> ... I have to use the parallel interface.

Regarding using the parallel port,
see "Parallel port printers" at

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Installing_a_Printer

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)