[cups] Cups printers

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Tue Apr 5 11:44:15 PDT 2016

> Am 05.04.2016 um 16:35 schrieb Dmitry Voronin <carriingfate92 at yandex.ru>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I use CUPS 1.7.3 on my Kubuntu 14.04. If I execute command
>
> lpstat -t
>
> in my shell, I get a large list of connected to my CUPS printers and to other CUPS in network.
>
> But if I execute this command with CUPS 2.1.3 I get a list of printers, that connected to my CUPS.
>
> Is it normal?
>
> --
> Best regards, Dmitry Voronin

I guess you have installed the cups-filers package from openprinting in your 1.7.3 configuration, which
operates as the pre cups-1.6.x broadcast based browsing protocol.

In 2.0 and later, the default browsing protocol used is dnssd (if the system supports bonjour). But look at
the documentation regarding the cups-browsed daemon from the cups-filters package.

Helge