[cups] hp 2820 / cups 2.1.3

Christopher Barry christopher.r.barry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:15:34 PDT 2016

On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 23:51:55 +0100
Brian Potkin <claremont102 at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon 04 Apr 2016 at 16:50:06 -0400, Christopher Barry wrote:
>

>> Greetings, for some weird reason I can't get cups to print to this
>> ...SNIP...
>> What should I do?
>
>If you were using Debian I would advise:
>
>Install the printer-driver-postscript-hp package, search the output of
>'lpinfo -m' for 'Color LaserJet 2800' and get the *.ppd portion of the
>line. Then
>
>  lpadmin -p hp2820 -v socket://192.168.111.150 -E -m
> postscript-hp:.....
>
>Regards,
>
>Brian.

Hey, just a quick Thank You. My perl setup was horrked. I did a
dist-upgrade (839 pkgs), which was a little white knuckle, but worked
out perfect and corrected all the perl weirdness thankfully. I then
installed the driver you mentioned, and I'm printing like a big dog :)

Cheers!

--
Regards,
Christopher