[cups] Unable to get list of printer drivers: SUCCESS

Lenar Shakirov shakirov at cg.ru
Mon Apr 11 03:16:15 PDT 2016

Hello all! Could you give me advice, please:

I have embedded device with very slow hdd/flash.
When I try to add a printer via web interface I get after 60 sec
waiting: UNABLE TO GET LIST OF PRINTER DRIVERS: SUCCESS
but if I repeat everything works fine and I see list of make/model.

in error log I see:
PID 2780 (/usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-driverd) was terminated normally
with signal 9.

I think this is 60 sec timeout for SELECT() from driverd or something else.
this options did'n help:
KeepAliveTimeout 3600
Timeout 3600

reproduced in versions: 1.5.4, 1.6.2 and 2.1.0

--

WBR,
Lenar Shakirov