[cups] Help wanted printing to a SCSI printer via an Adaptec SCSI Card 2910

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:04:04 PDT 2016

Hello all,
I have seen that since CUPS 1.5 the SCSI backend is no longer supplied. I
assume this was scsi-linux.c.
I am doing some experiments running MacOS7 under Basilisk II on a Debian
sid x86_64 system, and have several SCSI-port ALPS MicroDry printers
(MD-2000S, MD-2300S, MD-4000S) which I wish to test via an Adaptec
AHA-2910C SCSI Card.
So I need to compile CUPS with this backend re-enabled (if it even is
compilable any more):
http://opensource.apple.com//source/cups/cups-59/backend/scsi-linux.c
Or is there some way to attach a SCSI printer under the current CUPS?
Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug