[cups] New printer difficulty identified

Alan McConnell alan at his.com
Sat Apr 30 13:54:47 PDT 2016

I am honing in on my difficulty, I believe.  I remind that I have
a three-in-one Canon imageCLASS MF4770n.

I have reinstalled cups and reinstalled the printer.  I can't print
the simplest thing.  I have pursued the error dialog boxes, and
they state that the file
     /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoufr2cpca
doesn't exist.  This is a True Fact<G>.

I have googled, and the responses are for a Ubuntu system, with
commands like apt-add-repository. . . . ? ? ?

pstoufr2cpca, anyone?  TIA for advice/suggestions!

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
   A great war leaves a country with three armies: an army of cripples,