[cups] CWP: A web printing interface for CUPS

Yvan Masson yvan.masson at openmailbox.org
Fri Aug 26 09:33:00 PDT 2016

Hi everybody,

I had the need of a web interface to allow printing PDF files against a
CUPSĀ server. As I did not find a free/libre one, I wrote one called CWP
(for CUPS Web Printing) in PHP available at
https://framagit.org/Yvan-Masson/CWP/

I would be very happy if it is useful to someone else. Also, I would
appreciate any comment about it, either bad or good.

Features:
- CUPS server can be remote
- any CUPS and printer option can be defined by admin and chosen by user
- default value can be set for each option
- settings can be locked (displayed but not changeable)
- job username can be set to anything
- printer status can be displayed
- you can prevent printing against unavailable printers
- size of the file and number of copies can be restricted
- fully translatable (English and French are available yet)
- can be included in another web page
- a debug mode displays command sent to CUPS

Regards,
Yvan Masson