[cups-devel] ICC profile support for PostScript printers?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Aug 8 07:34:59 PDT 2016

Alexey,

> On Aug 7, 2016, at 10:05 AM, Alexey Galakhov <agalakhov at gmail.com> wrote:
> And I'd like to move the colord stuff to cupsd completely, so that the
> color profile will always be part of the printing job. Side stepping
> the usual cups job path seems to be a bad idea.

colord provides the common API for setting and getting ICC profiles associated with a printer.  As on macOS (which uses ColorSync), cupsd registered profiles in the PPD file which allows the filters to access them for the job.

So this isn't side-stepping things, this is working with the OS to provide the same profiles to all consumers.