[cups] where to store device-specific ICC profiles

Axel Braun axel.braun at gmx.de
Fri Dec 2 01:45:26 PST 2016

Hello,

in order to improve the color printing of a Brother laser printer I got me a
ICC profile.
Searching through the different explanaations I found that icc profiles are
stored under /usr/share/color/icc/ , and should be available for all
applications that can make use of color profiles.
In this directory are already a bunch of icc/icm files.
If I want to use the newly created icm file just for one of the defined printers
on my system, where do I have to place it?
I'm running on openSUSE Leap 42.2 with CUPS 1.7.5
Thanks
Axel