[cups] where to store device-specific ICC profiles

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:22:53 PST 2016

I'll be curious to see the outcome of this.  I think you can put them
anywhere as long as you specify a full path to them.  On a Pi here I
have mine in /etc/cups/icm, some schemes put them in a user's home
directory

I've been mucking around for a couple months writing something in C
that parses the icm files based on the pdfs at
http://www.color.org/icc_specs2.xalter because my understanding was
that I'd have to write my own "filter" to modify the raster data.

I did get it to print without error messages using my icm file but the
icm file doesn't actually accomplish anything.  I have one test image
of a purple flower which prints as blue, that was my original reason
for investing in a Color Munki and making an icm file.  With that my
HP cp2025dn color laser printer works reasonably well on most color
photos except for some browns like in sunsets.  The colors in
http://ab1jx.1apps.com/misc/bad_purple.jpg are an example, the one on
the left is correct.  In this case since purple is blue + red it makes
a good test.  It works under XP but I want to use a Raspberry Pi as a
print server.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX