[cups] Queue - Alternating printing

Erwin Preuner erwin.preuner at smart-mt.at
Mon Dec 5 22:17:22 PST 2016

Hi,

I've 2 photo printers connected to a raspberry pi acting as a printserver
using CUPS. When printing to the queue, the first printer gets the job,
only if the printer is currently busy the 2nd printer gets it.

I'd prefer to switch the default printer every time, so even the printer #1
isn't active anymore, the second print gets to printer #2.

I didn't found any option in the web interface nor on any webpage,..

It would be great if you can give me a hint how to change this behavior!

thanks, Erwin