[cups] where to store device-specific ICC profiles

Axel Braun axel.braun at gmx.de
Wed Dec 14 09:17:29 PST 2016

Am Freitag, 2. Dezember 2016, 17:22:53 CET schrieb Alan Corey:
> I'll be curious to see the outcome of this.  I think you can put them
> anywhere as long as you specify a full path to them.  On a Pi here I
> have mine in /etc/cups/icm, some schemes put them in a user's home
> directory

After playing around with this, it seems that colord-kde offers an elegant way
to add profiles to single printer. I made a couple of notes about this, and
will probably publish them on the openSUSE wiki.

But one question, just for confirmation:
If I have just one profile to be used for one printer, and I put the profile
under /usr/share/cups/profiles, is it automatically detected and used (maybe
after restart of cups)?

Thanks
Axel