[cups] Color profiles with CUPS?

Axel Braun axel.braun at gmx.de
Sat Dec 24 06:25:44 PST 2016

Hello Jim,

Am Samstag, 24. Dezember 2016, 11:19:19 CET schrieb Jim Ford:
> On 23/12/16 19:34, Axel Braun wrote:
> > Cups on Mac or on Linux?
>
> On Linux.

There may be an easy answer - but I dont know if it works. Nobody on the list
confirmed it so far.
So you may test and share the result.

1) Print out a document (e.g. pdf, odt) on your preferred printer.
2) copy the color profile to /usr/share/cups/profiles/
3) restart cups (sudo systemctl restart cups)
4) print the document from 1) again and check the result

I'm not sure if Cups picks the profile automatically, that is the question from
above that is open.
If that does not work, or you have more than one printer and need distinct
profiles for each printer, let me know. I had prepared a how-to, but need to
translate it into English.

have a good xmas,
Axel