[cups] Print Queue out of order

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Feb 18 07:48:59 PST 2016

Hello,

On Feb 18 11:41 Meyer Klaus wrote (excerpt):
> We already disable snmp communication with the printers:
>
> DEVICE_URI=socket://prt09.hit077.company.com:9100/?snmp=false

Perhaps you could try out only for a test using
a dumb "hardcoded backend for a network printer", see
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Backends_to_Print_with_CUPS

If it works with such a dumb backend, it proves that
somehow the CUPS socket backend is involved.

> I have no idea how cups notice this:
>
> I [26/Jan/2016:11:45:02 +0100] [Job 5375616] Job stopped
>  due to printer being paused.

I also have no idea.

Could you somewhere upload a complete error_log excerpt
(with LogLevel debug) for one single print job
that failed this way?

I mean the error_log from the very first line until the
very last line that belong to that one single print job.

Please no whole error_log file.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)