[cups] Printing a PDF or PNG Image to a Zebra ZM400 Printer

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 26 07:33:12 PST 2016

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:58:52 +0000, Mills,Kendall replied:

> The Zebra ZM400 most likely is set with ZPL (Zebra Print Language)
> and not able to render a PDF file. You may need to down load a
> utility from Zebra that allows you to change the format of the job so
> that you can send the printer the correct data file so it understands
> how to print what you are sending.

Have you tried something like this:

$ nc -N host.example.com 1234 < filename.pdf

After the file has been transferred, the connection will close
automatically.

I use the IP address for the printer. Usually, port 9100 works for the
printer. To test my printer, I would use:

nc -N 192.168.0.100 9100 < test.pdf

See what happens. It may take a few seconds to print.

--
Jerry