[cups] CUPS + SAMBA, cups windows print drivers missing

Jan Hubený hubeny at soma.cz
Wed Jan 6 13:35:33 PST 2016

Hi,

we used cups print server together with samba. We used the cups windows
postscript drivers in the way described for example here:

http://blog.realcomputerguy.com/2011/10/cups-samba-64bit-driver-installation.html

On our old CentOS 6 server this setup worked very well.

Now we upgrade the server to the CentOS 7. Cups version is 1.6.3 and
Samba version is 4.1.12.  I try to found the cups postscript drivers for
windows (x86 and amd64 versions) on the cups.org website as it is
recommended in the man page of cupsaddsmb. However I cannot found the
drivers on the site.

The questions are:

1) Where can I found the current cups windows postscript drivers both
for x86 and amd64 architectures?
2) Is the CUPS + SAMBA integration using cups ps drivers currently
deprecated?

Thank you,

Jan Hubeny

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 12829 (20160106) __________