[cups] How do I add a Managing Operation Policies with out a restart of the cupsd

Pförtsch, Franz Franz.Pfoertsch at brose.com
Thu Jan 14 03:52:18 PST 2016

Hello,

is there  a way to add a "Managing Operation Policies" to the cups config without a restart of the cupsd?

Today I build up a "big" printserver with apporx 2100 printqueues.

When I add a policy via the webgui and hit on the "save changes" button the cupsd restart.
The restart of the hole cupsd take ~ 6minutes. This is not possible in my production environment.

Is there a way to add such a policy without a restart?

Thanks for all kind of help!

Regards
Franz