[cups] cups-2.0.3 && LD_LIBRARY_PATH for filters

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Jan 15 02:50:20 PST 2016

Hello,

I've compile 2.0.3 from source on SuSE Linux SLES11SP4 (but I think this
is not relevant for the problem). I do need LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the
filter programs, because some of the used shared libs are not in the
usual place and I do not want to change the /etc/ld.so.conf for this.

I see in the source that the env var LD_* is not passed through the
filter environment when the cupsd is running as uid=0. On the other hand
it must run as uid=0 to make a LISTEN on port 631.

How is this supposed to work without changing schedule/env.c (what I did
for the moment to get the things up).

I have another problem with the resulting PostScript file which the
filter chain at the end sends via socket backend to the printer. But I
will bring this up in another thread.

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11 | UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)