[cups] cups-2.0.3 && problem/error in resulting PostScript code

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Jan 15 03:55:35 PST 2016

Hello,

On Jan 15 12:43 Johannes Meixner wrote (excerpt):
> On Jan 15 12:08 Matthias Apitz wrote (excerpt):
>> I captured the PostScript file which the socket backend sends to port
>> 9100 with netcat and have it here: http://www.unixarea.de/9100.ps
>
> That 9100.ps contains in particular the string
> "Error handled by opdfread.ps"

I can find that string in the Ghostscript sources
which indicates that Ghostscript is involved
but right now that does not mean that Ghostscript
is the actual root cause of this issue.
Perhaps opdfread in Ghostscript is only the reporter
of the problem.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)