[cups] cups-2.0.3 && problem/error in resulting PostScript code

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Jan 15 07:39:09 PST 2016

Hello Matthias Apitz,

On Jan 15 15:06 Matthias Apitz wrote (excerpt):
> We use CUPS (until now 1.4.3) in the production env
> of our customers on SLES 9,10,11 and Solaris SPARC
> to print UTF-8 text files and I do need provide a
> homogene environment for both platforms and which
> installs apart from the rest of the system.

Now I understand.

Foresightfully I had written "as far as possible for you" in
   "When you use - as far as possible for you - the packages
    from the openSUSE build service 'Printing' project"
because I had the dim feeling that there is probably
a good reason why you have to compile it on your own.

> Btw: Can you print with your solution as well Hebrew text?
> ... UTF-8 ...

Because I have no knowledge about languages except German
(and a bit English), I cannot reasonably deal with language
related issues.
In particular I know basically nothing about fonts except
that I know that both fonts and character encodings
are snakepits, cf.
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Plain_Text_versus_Locale

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)