[cups] cups-2.0.3 && LD_LIBRARY_PATH for filters

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jan 18 10:32:48 PST 2016

El día Monday, January 18, 2016 a las 11:15:44AM -0500, Michael Sweet escribió:

> Matthias,
>
> > On Jan 15, 2016, at 5:50 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> > How is this supposed to work without changing schedule/env.c (what I did
> > for the moment to get the things up).
>
> It doesn't, we explicitly are preventing LD_xxx overrides in the environment for security reasons.

I understand the security concern. But, I think in this case it should
be either possible run the cupsd as a normal user (and ofc not on port
631) or link the filters against static libs.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11 | UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)