[cups] filter texttopdf && undefined symbol: FcPatternFormat

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jan 18 22:59:01 PST 2016

El día Monday, January 18, 2016 a las 04:19:31PM +0100, Helge Blischke escribió:

> You probably have an outdated version of libfontconfig installed on the system cups is running on.
> The symbol
> FcPatternFormat
> is defined since version 2.09 of  the fontconfig package (info from the Linux manpage).

Yep. I discovered too that on the build host I have had compiled from
source fontconfig 2.11.91, while on the target host some older RPM was installed:

# rpm -qa | fgrep fontconfig
fontconfig-32bit-2.6.0-10.17.1
fontconfig-2.6.0-10.17.1

This underpins what I said in the other thread: the filters must either
linked statically or support somehow their own needed shared objects.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11 | UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)