[cups] duplex not working ("Transport endpoint is not connected")

Martin Vogt martin.vogt at itwm.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jan 19 05:33:34 PST 2016

Hello,

On 01/19/2016 02:10 PM, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> I don't know if the CUPS 1.6 version in RHEL7
> supports adding '/version=1.1' because
> http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4231
> reads "Fixed In 1.7-current (SVN: r10813)"
> which may indicate that CUPS 1.7 is needed.

yes, current RHEL7 rpm supports "version=1.1".

If I change the server to a current version the bug reports
may be "vice versa", for example:

"Old SLE11 clients won't work with new cups server, or the mozilla
cups implementation (which works here with duplex in RHEL) is
incompatible etc.."

Is there an interest to fix the reported behaviour?
How much compatibilty of newer cups with older servers is intended/wanted?

best regards,

Martin

PS: I dowwloaded 1.6.4, now the error is:

>abort on cups_get_printer_uri
>lpoptions: Unable to get PPD file for cpsg0a: No printer-uri found

which is in util.c:cups_get_printer_uri