[cups] Print jobs pausing queue

Brian Corbin brian.corbin at ibethel.org
Tue Jan 19 13:10:47 PST 2016

Thanks for responding Michael.  What we experience is certain print jobs get sent and sometimes they give a filter error in the log file. Those are the jobs that then pause the queue and hold up everything. So then we get called in IT to have to clear out that print job and resume the printer queue again.  Those filter errors sometimes don’t make sense at all as to what causes them.  Anyway, so what we would like to have happen is have the queue keep going regardless of a print job with an error.  Although it would be nice to understand those errors and why certain jobs don’t print.  The link you sent explains what might work in order to keep the printer queue going, but still would be nice as to why the errors exist on certain print jobs.

Brian