[cups] cups-filter && Solaris SPARC with non-standard C-functions

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 19 23:02:33 PST 2016

Hi Matthias,

> It turned out that cups-filter (in concrete the version 1.0.62) makes use
> of non-Standard (non Posix) C-functions, for example:
>
> strndup()
> mkstemps()
> strcasestr()

They are POSIX.1-2008 functions and Solaris 11 has them in the Standard C Library. You are using Solaris 10 which was released in 2005, so isn't aware of them.

> How is this supposed to be repaired?

In other projects I've seen code that provides implementations of the functions if they aren't defined.

I guess you could submit a cups-filters bug, see bug tracking  link on following page :
   http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/cups-filters

Cheers,
Doug