[cups] cupsd 2.0.3 SIGSEGV on Solaris SPARC 64bit

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Jan 22 08:14:41 PST 2016

Matthias,

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 3:54 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> I say this, because I now have exactly such crashes with cupsd, see
> below a concrete situation where the browser is contacting port 631.
>
> Has someone here from the list the cupsd compiled for 64 bit?

cupsd has been compiled for 64-bit since the early days of CUPS (1997/1998).

We shipped cupsd 64-bit on IRIX from the beginning, and have been shipping it 64-bit on OS X since 10.6. Every Linux distribution for 64-bit architectures ships a 64-bit build of cupsd.

So I don't think this is a 64-bit issue.

A debug backtrace showing where the segfault occurs would be the best way to diagnose the problem here...