[cups] CUPS files for a generic distribution ?

Pavel Troller pavel.troller at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:00:23 PST 2016

Hi!
  After many years of happily using cups-1.2.6, I decided to upgrade it. I
grabbed the sources of cups-2.1.2, compiled without any problem and
installed as well. I then added my new, freshly bought printer, tried to
print a test page, but OOPS! No such file or directory in the browser. The
problem was easily located - the test page wasn't installed. I checked all
the source code but I didn't find neither the test page, nor the typical
banner files. The data subdirectory in the source is almost empty in
comparison with 1.2.6 sources. I then searched the net, where to get the
files, but if I found anything, it was always related to some particular
distribution (Ubuntu, Gentoo...) But I'm not using any distribution, or
more exactly, I'm using my own private one :-). So, where are all those
non-branded generic cups files now ? How to get them ?
Sorry if I'm asking a FAQ, but I really didn't find answer to it, and
installed my new printer back to cups-1.2.6, it still works perfectly :-).
Regards, Pavel