[cups-devel] Duplex printing on Brother HL-3150cdw

Éric Brunet Eric.Brunet at lps.ens.fr
Thu Jan 14 04:18:50 PST 2016

> Éric
>
> The driver isn't exposing 2-sided printing using the proper, supported
option name
> (Duplex).  Please report the bug to Brother...

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I realize that the name is not the correct one, but
Brother is not the only one to use an incorrect name: the code for cups
references the names
	EFDuplex
	EFDuplexing
	KD03Duplex
	JCLDuplex
And this means that cups is a great software which is "liberal in what it
accepts", as it should be.

Of course Brother should fix their ppds, but also, for all the already
installed printers, cups should treat BRDuplex in the same way as it
treats the other variants: by accepting it.

But I was not (yet) trying to push the patch I attached, I was looking for
advice. I assume that ppd exporting EFDuplex and the like are working, and
with the patch I attached, I expected that BRDuplex should work the same. But
it does not. Is there a cached information somewhere ? Or some program that
must be recompiled ? Or did I do something wrong ?

Éric Brunet