[cups] CUPS vs Drivers

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 22:46:56 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Andrew <anon_private at yahoo.com> wrote:
> No results in their search engine for the Epson Stylus SX100
> Did you install a driver to be managed by CUPS?

Hi Andrew
It will be really useful if you spend time learning some basic
linux-relevant search methods, both for general information and for
example when researching any new hardware (from motherboards to
external devices) before purchasing.
Openprinting lists this printer, with some relevant drivers, including
gutenprint.
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Epson/Epson-Stylus_SX100
For figuring out any printing issues you might have with gutenprint
(should you choose to use it), please write to the gutenprint mailing
list.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug