[cups] Fedora does not discover Printers

Brett I. Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Tue Jul 12 12:04:42 PDT 2016

Just a summary for other owners of the Epson WF-3540.  I installed the
Epson drivers from epson.com on the print server but no matter what I
did they were not discovered by the client.  I ended up putting the
Epson drivers on the client, too which kind of defeats the purpose of a
print server.  However, I think it's because of the epson driver setup.
Epson has a network piece that must be installed and once that's
installed CUPS sees the printer on the server. However, the network
piece depends on the drivers so you have to install them both.1

When I get some time I'll probably create a test print server and put
the Centos Epson drivers on it and then spin up a client and see if it
can see the printer.