[cups] How to defer CUPS start until network is ready?

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 03:27:31 PDT 2016

On 07/15/2016 06:05 AM, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> I have noticed that when CUPS is started before the network is ready, it
> eventually fails to listen at the network interface and therefore is not
> reachable from the outside. Is there a canonical way of ensuring CUPS
> start is deferred until the interface where it should listen has come up?

Hi,

I've never had this particular problem before.  Is this a Linux system?
If it's an init-based one you may want to check the numbering on the S*
(start) script in order to make sure it starts after the network one.
If it's a systemd-based one, then you may put "After=network.target" in
its service unit file.  In any case, that's the way it usually is (the
way the distros put it together).

--
Jorge