[cups] Jobs from samba clients cannot finish

Hiroshi Takenaka ihsorihakanekat at gem.hi-ho.ne.jp
Fri Jul 29 04:23:07 PDT 2016

I have been trying to set up a linux printer sever, using samba-3.6.25
and cups-1.4.8.
A Canon inkjet printer is usb-connected to it.

I can print normally directly from the server.
However, whenever I print from any clients, the job remains in CUPS
after the printer finished it. The next job is suspended and waiting in
CUPS.

The remaining job can be deleted by disconnecting and re-connecting
the usb-connection and then the next job is sent to the printer.

CUPS seems not to receive the signal telling it the end of jobs from Samba.

Are there any solutions?