[cups] Jobs from samba clients cannot finish

Hiroshi Takenaka ihsorihakanekat at gem.hi-ho.ne.jp
Sat Jul 30 01:55:41 PDT 2016

I have resolved this problem. Your advice gave me an important clue.

The cause of the problem was the install script,
which is included in the Canon printer driver package.

A genuine Canon driver has been installed in the server by using the script.
The script also registers a Canon printer into CUPS after installing the
PPD file.
However, it connects the printer to a URL of Canon IJ Network one,
that is, cnijusb://dev/usb/lp0.

I guess, as a result, the printer was working not only under CUPS,
but also under the Canon IJ Network.
The end signal was probably sent to the Canon IJ Network, not to CUPS,
so CUPS couldn't know a job was done.

Now I have connected the printer to the URL of usb://Canon/MG6100%2
and I can print normally from guests (Windows 7, Windows 10, OS X 10.9,
OS X 10.10
and OS X 10.11).

Thanks a lot.