[cups] multiple print servers with disjoint sets of clients

Bob Burton bobburton at math.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 1 17:47:17 PDT 2016

I have two print servers, each serving its own list of printers.  I have
two disjoint sets of print clients, one that I want to print only through
server 1, and another that I want to print only through server 2.  I've
been tweaking cupsd.conf files for two days, but my print clients persist
in seeing all printers on both servers.

What I really want is two virtual subnets, each ignorant of the other.  Any
suggestions?  Will cups let me do this?

--
Bob Burton
IT Support Analyst