[cups] Fedora does not discover Printers

Brett I. Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Sat Jun 4 18:43:45 PDT 2016

On Sat, 2016-06-04 at 20:19 -0400, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> > snipped much
> > I snipped too much of your first mail and lost sight of
> >
> >   >...since my Fedora client is on a different subnet than the
> > server.
> >
> > I have no experience of dealing with avahi broadcasting between
> > subnets,
> > The daemon has a "reflector" option which might be what you need and
> > this might be useful:
> >
> >   https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7015851
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Brian.
> >

> Thanks. I'll look into that.  Right now it works as long as ServerAlias
> is * so I'll have to dig into that and find out what's going on.
> The client also can not set properties on the printer (paper size,
> etc.) so I assume that's a permissions issue and will dig into that.

I found that the big text issue must be the app.  I tried firefox and
another text editor and they worked just fine with the right size text
printed  and I can adjust various properties such as page size, etc.
 Interestingly enough firefox allows print selection but the other apps
do not.
I'l work on the ServerAlias stuff next.
Thanks.

cups at cups.org>