[cups] Advice Needed

Brian Potkin claremont102 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 12:28:07 PDT 2016

On Fri 17 Jun 2016 at 08:38:18 +0000, Andrew wrote:

> I am new to CUPS and do not know where to post my question, or even what version of CUPS I am using.

http://localhost:631 tells you what version of CUPS you are using.
Alternatively, on kbuntu it will be given by

  dpkg -l cups

> I am trying to determine the ink levels in my Epson Stylus SX100 printer.
> I am using escputil, but when I enter the path given by the localhost:631, no directories are found.

localhost:631 is for the administration of CUPS. It doesn't show any
directories as such. What are these directories you expect to see?

> I am using the path:
> usb://EPSON/Stylus%20SX100?serial=KQEZ387420&interface=1

This is the connection to your printer. I doubt it is of importance to
what you have said before.

> I use the kubuntu operating system

You might want to say what your printer is and what your problem is.