[cups] Fw: Advice Needed

Matt walterwego at macosx.com
Sun Jun 19 05:32:52 PDT 2016

> On Jun 18, 2016, at 11:47 PM, Andrew <anon_private at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for the information.
> 'What are these directories you expect to see'
> I am trying to determine the ink levels in my Epson Stylus SX100 printer. I am using escputil, but need a valid path. My problem is locating this path. I expect to see a directory in the file structure that points to the Epson printer.
>
> You state that usb://EPSON/Stylus%20SX100?serial=KQEZ387420&interface=1
>
>     is the connection to the printer. It does not look like a valid path from my hard disk!

escputil is part of Gutenprint  and not part of CUPS.  Try
escputil -h

You will see an example for Linux users.  This does not work for Mac OS X users as they do not have access to the raw device.

Perform maintenance on EPSON Stylus (R) printers.
Examples: escputil --ink-level --raw-device /dev/usb/lp0
          escputil --clean-head --new --printer-name MyQueue