[cups] printing from CUPS 2.0.3 with LPD to a Windows 8.1 box USB printer

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Mar 3 02:31:48 PST 2016

Hello,

On Mar 3 10:49 Matthias Apitz wrote (excerpt):
> We did also tests sending PCL from FreeBSD to the queue
> on Win8.1, same result: stuck there.
> http://www.unixarea.de/screenshot1_lpd.PNG

Therein it reads "Status: Wird gedru..."
which I understand as "Status: Is printing".

>From my point of view it does not look as if
the job is stuck. It looks as if the job is
in an "actively printing" state.

It seems either Windows is somehow unable to get
the print job data into the printer device
or the printer device is somehow unable to
print out something when it gets that kind of
print job data.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)