[cups] Unable to print from remote Linux system

Michael Eager eager at eagerm.com
Fri Mar 4 18:48:35 PST 2016

I'm trying to print from a Fedora 23 system to a printer
on a CentOS 7 server.  On the CentOS server, I am able to
print a test page without errors.  I've configured the
same printer on the F23 system using a http connection.

I am able to print a test page from a Windows 10 system
to the CentOS server.

When I print a test page from the F23 system, it appears
that the file is transferred to the CentOS server.  The
status displayed on F23 is that the page is printing, and
final status is that the job was cancelled.

On the CentOS server, there is a 576K gziped file in
/var/spool/cups for the test page.  There's nothing in
the error log which indicates why it was sent to the printer.

I also configured the printer using the "Find New Printer"
button.  The connection is dnssd://Epson....  When I print
to this configuration, the same thing happens:  a file
is copied but is not printed.  The status is "completed".

Any suggestions?
Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077