[cups] Brother Label Maker QL_720NW printing garbage

David M. Owen david_owen at apple.com
Mon Mar 7 17:47:49 PST 2016

Hello,

I am having a time trying to get my label maker to print labels!  I have another brother device configured and working using CUPS no problem.  I have the recommended drivers for the label maker and use the following command to print:

lp -d Brother_QL_720NW  /path/to/file

I receive no errors from the command line, but the label maker will print total garbage (i.e. random characters) continuously until I open open up the lid of the device (to force an error).  Any obvious checks, or suggestions??  Thanks

Best,
Dave