[cups] Authentication for thee but not for me

Rick Cochran rcc2 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 16 15:22:48 PDT 2016

Hi,

The PaperCut "Print Provider" (the part of PaperCut which runs on print servers)
sometimes needs to execute CUPS commands to move print jobs from one queue to
another.

We have cupsd.conf configured to require SSL-encrypted IPP Basic Authentication
for print job submission. I am wondering if it is possible to also allow
unauthenticated (at least by IPPS) actions by processes running on the CUPS server.

If so, I'm wondering what that would look like in cupsd.conf.

Thanks,
-Rick