[cups] Printing cups -> ipp -> cups -> usb with local drivers

Simon Peeters peeters.simon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 06:31:40 PDT 2016

Hey all.

A while ago i complained that i no longer could print to my old nas
from any of my linux machines.
The nas had an old cups version and I tought maybe that was the issue
and didn't try to debug it any further.

Now that nas has been replaced, the new machine runs cups 2.1.3, the
same as my local machine.

Printing straigt on the server works. (with the "Canon iP3600 series -
CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.11 (color)" driver)
Printing over IPP from windows (with the canon ip3600 driver on
windows) works too.
Printing over IPP from linux (with the "Canon iP3600 series -
CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.11 (color)" driver) doesn't work.
Printing from the client machine directly over usb (same driver) works too.

When i try to print a testpage from my machine (over ipp) the job
completes with "unknown" pages, and the printer does nothing.

Any ideas?