[cups] Unable to change the Paper Handling configuration using CUPS.

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Mon May 9 09:28:52 PDT 2016

> Am 07.05.2016 um 08:21 schrieb John Williams <ejwmac at icloud.com>:
>
> I am using Cups 1.7 on Debian release Jessie.
>
> I have a Raspberry Pi  configured with Jessie and connected to a Epson Stylus dx9400F.
>
> It prints OK, but i cannot change the order in which pages are printed, they are always printed 1st page 1st etc etc... which is not an issue with documents of 1 or 2 pages, but is a nightmare with larger documents.
>
> I have tried every combination of parameters within CUPS  Administration page and nothing make any different to how the document is printed.
>
> If i connect the printer directly to the OSX system everything works fine.
>
> Help please
>

> Regards and Thank You
>
> John Williams

You usually cannot set the output order by setting the default options from the CUPS web interface, as that only allows setting
options defined in the printer’s PPD (or, in case of printers that speak IPP-everywhere, the supported options advertised by the printer).

When printing from the command line, it can be set by the option -o outputorder=reverse .
If you use the print options dialogue provided by the system, you depend on if that dialogue supports options like this (what may be even
application dependent). But you may set the default option using the lpadmin command:
lpadmin -p queuename -o outputorder-default=reverse
where queuename is the CUPS name of your printer.

Helge