[cups] Linux->(Linux, Windows) printer sharing with drivers on the server

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Thu May 19 05:39:38 PDT 2016

Ivan Shapovalov schreef op 19-05-2016 14:16:

> Hello,
>
> yes, "navigate to that workgroup and use that printer" counts as
> "easy", right.
>
> Actually, the Linux->Windows part of the question looks like solved
> (unless I hit an unforeseen problem in making windows install the right
> drivers from print$ share).
>
> What remains is telling the client to pick the right driverĀ
> in Linux->Linux discovery via dns-sd.

I don't know if Windows computers can automatically load printers shared
over SSDP. There may be a lot I don't know ;-).

I can't find any mention of it though.

However a visitor needing to select manually a printer that is
accessible in some list, is not all that bad.

I mean a list you would need to browse to.

Good luck with your A4 paper size.