[cups] How to get cupsd running?

Alan McConnell alan at his.com
Thu May 19 07:40:22 PDT 2016

After several days of working on other things, I return to the
question of how to get my Canon MF4770n working under Debian jessie(It
worked fine under wheezy).

1.  When I try   http://localhost:6.3.1, I get the message:
       Unable to connect.

2.  When I try cupsd -t, I get:  cupsd: undefined symbol: httpAddrFamily .
    But I grep all over the place to find httpAddrFamily, but can't find
    it.

I have tried changing, in the file    Canon_MF4700_Series.ppd,
the line containing the offending pstoufr2cpca to
   *cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-raster 0 -"  as suggested by
   Helge, but it didn't help.

I am at a standstill.  Has someone any other suggestion?  Am I the
only person on this E-list who is using a Canon three-in-one?

TIA for anticipated help!

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
        It is difficult to get a man to understand something when