[cups] Linux->(Linux, Windows) printer sharing with drivers on the server

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon May 23 03:11:35 PDT 2016

Hello,

ony an addendum for clarification:

On May 21 17:21 Ivan Shapovalov wrote (excerpt):
> On 2016-05-20 at 14:41 +0200, Johannes Meixner wrote:
>> I do not use any such tools.
>> Therefore I cannot help (frankly: I am not interested)
>> in any way if there are issues with such tools.
>
> ... GNOME3's printer configuration was an example.
> Everything applies to the native CUPS web interface
> as well ...

I do not use any graphical printer setup tools
(i.e. I even do not use the CUPS web interface).
I only use command line tools.

Reason:
Graphical printer setup tools have way too often
in practice unpredictable behaviour.

Their behaviour is (hopefully) deterministic but usually
it depends on too many constraints so that the result is
in practice unpredictable.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)