[cups] empty page_log file

Brian Potkin claremont102 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 01:36:07 PDT 2016

On Mon 23 May 2016 at 17:15:30 -0700, Spike wrote:

> and just circling back to confirm that indeed commenting out that lines
> solves the page_log problem. I've also figured out my other logging
> problem, pebkac, somehow I missed the "m" in MaxLogSize in the config
> template (using ansible) and the log was only storing *1* line, which was
> confusing the heck out of me.

A single line stored is not quite the same as an empty error_log :). I
usually have 0 for MaxLogSize and let logrotate take care of the logs.

> thanks again and if anybody has any thoughts on the impact of removing hpps
> I'd love to hear 'em. Onto investigating those failed print jobs.

>From http://hplipopensource.com/node/128:

  HPLIP PostScript Finishing Filter (hpps) implements special
  functionalities like, Job storage (Secure Printing), Job
  Accounting and Born On Date (BOD) features on specific capable
  printers.

The filter is a text file and appears also to control other things like
DryTime and EconMode.

Regards,

Brian.