[cups] weird problem with HP M225dw and cups 1.7.2

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue May 31 02:20:21 PDT 2016

Hello,

On May 30 17:21 Spike wrote (excerpt):
> Printer: HP M225dw (postscript printer)
> PPD: hp-laserjet_pro_mfp_m225_m226-ps.ppd.gz
>
> I have 2 of this printers
> one prints just fine, the other, doesn't.
> I've grepped error.log for the test job
> and I don't see any errors.

With "LogLevel debug" compare the two cases in
/var/log/cups/error_log and look for differences.

With a bit of luck the difference is what programs
are started for print job processing.

To grep for the print job processing programs run
# grep PID /var/log/cups/error_log

> it feels like I'm dealing with black magic here...

Same for me all the time ;-)

Cf. "Background Information" at
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:How_to_Report_a_Printing_Issue

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)