[cups] printing files of type PJL encapsulated PostScript document text

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Nov 11 04:02:21 PST 2016

Matthias,

Unless this file was made specifically for your printer, it is entirely possible that it contains commands (PCL or PJL) that the printer does not support since both PCL and PJL don't follow a single lineage or specification.

My guess is that your printer may support PCL but not PJL, and as soon as it sees the PJL is treats the file as plain text.