[cups] printing files of type PJL encapsulated PostScript document text

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Nov 11 05:43:02 PST 2016

El día Friday, November 11, 2016 a las 07:02:21AM -0500, Michael Sweet escribió:

> Matthias,
>
> Unless this file was made specifically for your printer, it is entirely possible that it contains commands (PCL or PJL) that the printer does not support since both PCL and PJL don't follow a single lineage or specification.
>
> My guess is that your printer may support PCL but not PJL, and as soon as it sees the PJL is treats the file as plain text.

Michael,

The PCL file contains some graphics (a logo of the Library in question and
some marks for letter folding machines). They are printed, only all text
is missing from the printers where it does not print. This let me think in
some missing fonts, but I do not see font names in the PCL file

I even removed the PJL header from the file with a hex editor, same
result.

I'm a bit clueless here.

	matthias

--